Thanks to the support of a number of local people, businesses and charitable trusts, over £176,000 has been raised so far for our Crisis Appeal, providing one-off financial support to residents during these desperate times.
Heart of Bucks works in close partnership with our network of Community Advocates across the county to award grants directly to individuals and families that are struggling to make ends meet.
In addition to a number of grants supporting people with their energy bills and purchasing food, the donations received have also helped people with unexpected costs such as:
- A replacement, second-hand mobility scooter to help an elderly person living alone to get their independence back
- A replacement boiler for someone with a serious heart condition
- School uniforms for four children from a single parent family
- Supporting a move into recovery accommodation
- White goods, a bunk bed and bedding for a single parent family
Feedback from a grant recipient:
“I just wanted to say a massive ‘thank you’ for accepting my application for financial aid with my gas and electric. It’s made such a huge difference and taken the worry away on if I am going to be able to keep the kids warm or be able to provide hot water for a bath.”
Donations to The Crisis Appeal are still urgently needed to meet the increasing demand for one-off support for local people in need. To donate please click here.