If you are interested in applying for loan funding, you can start the application process today. We review loan applications regularly and there are no deadlines.
Check through the eligibility information below before completing a loan application form telling us about your project and how much you would like to apply for.
A member of our funding team will then review the information you provide and if necessary will contact you to discuss the application further.
Your application will be considered by our independent loans committee who have in depth knowledge and experience of successful business management. They will look at the viability of your plans and sustainability of your organisation.
We will contact you within one month to let you know if your application has been successful and arrange payment. Occasionally there may be a delay if we require more information.
Based on the information in your application form, you will be required to provide details of the impact of your loan funding.
To apply you must be able to demonstrate a community benefit to Buckinghamshire residents and the ability to repay the loan. Eligible organisations include (this list is not exhaustive):
- Registered charities
- Social enterprises, including CICs limited by guarantee (not CICs limited by shares)
- Incorporated industrial and provident societies
- Community amateur sports clubs (CASCs)
- Formally constituted, but unincorporated groups or organisations
Examples of projects we may be able to fund include:
- Purchase of equipment to enable your organisation to benefit immediately from the equipment and then to raise the funds to repay the loan
- Change of business model to improve the long-term sustainability of the organisation
- Bridging loan/cash flow financing to cover a short-term period where alternative funding will be forthcoming
- Organisations and/or projects operating solely outside of Buckinghamshire, including Milton Keynes
- Activities promoting a particular religious or political belief
- Overseas travel
- Statutory organisations
- CICs limited by shares
- Organisations whose principle concern is animal welfare
- Relief of statutory responsibilities
- Schools and private education organisations
- Retrospective funding
In order to apply for a loan, you will need to provide the following:
The repayment period can be up to 5 years. You will be asked to submit a suggested schedule of repayments within the application form. The loan is interest-free and unsecured, but a contribution to the charitable activities of Heart of Bucks is payable.
|Year one||4%||Deducted from initial loan amount|
|Year two||3%||To be invoiced|
|Year three||2%||To be invoiced|
|Year four||1%||To be invoiced|
|Each subsequent year||1%||To be invoiced|
Contribution charges are always calculated on the total loan amount. We reserve a right to make a commitment charge for a successful decision in principle. This will be deducted from the first contribution charge if the loan is drawn down.
This programme operates with the support of Buckinghamshire Council