Northamptonshire Community Foundation is delighted to be managing this fund on behalf of The London Marathon Charitable Trust which provides grants between £5,000 and £20,000 to groups across South Northamptonshire and Aylesbury Vale District Council area in line with The Trust’s funding priorities.
The priorities are:
- Projects that deliver the greatest possible impact for The Trust’s target audiences: children and young people and groups we know are less likely to be active, such as women and girls, BAME communities, people from lower socio-economic groups, older people and disabled people.
- Projects that encourage and support all members of the local community to be physically active.
- Organisations with excellent ideas and a real commitment to engaging with the local community.
- Projects providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable facilities for physical activity.
- Organisations with a successful track record of tackling inequality of access to physical activity and working with The Trust’s target audiences.
- Ambitious and innovative projects that deliver the greatest possible impact for The Trust’s target audiences
Is my group eligible?
- Your project can be a new activity, start up costs for a new group or service or building on the good work you already do. Revenue and Capital Funding is eligible.
- Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group.
- You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
- You must have a set of written rules or a constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
- You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit our Training & Resources section to download an example