**Please note: this fund is currently closed**
What is the #iwill fund?
#iwill is a UK-wide campaign that aims to make social action part of life for as many young people as possible by the year 2020. Through collaboration and partnership, it is spreading the word about the benefits of youth social action.
The #iwill fund looks to support social action activities that create opportunities for young people aged 10-20 to develop their potential and their capacity to significantly contribute to their community.
Social action involves activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering and has huge potential to create enjoyable opportunities and skills development for young people, and in turn benefit the local people and places.
Applying for a grant:
- Grants are between £1,000 and £5,000
- Projects can be up to a year in duration
- Grants should deliver campaigning, fundraising and/or volunteering opportunities for young people age 10 to 20 years old, or up to 25 for disabled people.
- This fund is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations including Social Enterprises and CICs limited by guarantee in England.
- National organisations with local branches (with their own management committee and bank account) can apply.
- New organisations that can demonstrate they are financially robust can apply.
We will prioritise projects that:
- Seek to increase participation from young people from less affluent social economic groups and young people who might not usually take part in volunteering, campaigning and fundraising activities
- Are working with young people at the younger end of the spectrum (10-14 years old)
- Build the appetite of young people to continue with campaigning, fundraising and/or volunteering and leave a legacy of behaviour/activity after the funding stops
- Involve young people in consultation, planning, delivery and evaluation
- Give young people the opportunity to learn new skills and develop their potential and confidence
- Give young people the platform to get their voice heard
- Can address the six principles of Youth Social Action – reflective, challenging, youth-led, impactful, progressive, embedded
Click here to read the full fund criteria
(please ensure you have read this before applying for a grant)