Grants available: Grants are expected to be up to £5,000. Larger grants may be considered where significant added value or matched funding is demonstrated in the application.
Who can apply?
Registered charities, community groups, social enterprises, community Interest companies (limited by guarantee) or other not for profit organisations which are based in or operate for the benefit of residents in the area administered by Buckinghamshire Council. This includes parish & town councils and school-affiliated groups (e.g. school student councils, Parents or Friends Associations). The groups must be formally constituted and operate for public benefit.
Projects designed to improve the environment and/or public spaces for the benefit of Buckinghamshire residents, for example, which:
– Deliver educational projects and initiatives, for any age group
– Develop environmental improvement schemes or services
– Improve access to the environment and public spaces
– Transform engagement with the environment and public spaces
– Increase biodiversity / creation of new habitat areas / community orchards
– Reduce carbon footprint
– Improve sustainability
– Enhance community transport
– Projects that encourage natural flood management and biodiversity
Priority: will be given to applications that can demonstrate matching of resources; either financially (matching, crowd-funding, etc.) or ‘in kind’ through time / other resource.
What we can fund:
• Capital expenditure such as equipment, building modifications, etc.
• Project costs associated with new, or the enhancement of existing, initiatives
• Core costs, where these are required to enable voluntary work or to deliver a defined project outcome
What we can’t fund:
Activities promoting a particular religious or political belief;
– Overseas travel
– Projects which are already completed
– Statutory bodies (excluding parish/town councils)
– Profit-making organisations
– Organisations whose principal concern is animal welfare
– Activity which is a statutory responsibility of a public body.
How to apply:
Complete an Expression of Interest form. A member of our funding team will then review the information you provide and send you a link to a full application form if your project is suitable for this fund.