Our Esri UK fund, which awards grants once a year, has recently distributed £8,550 in funding to five local organisations.
A panel of five representatives from Esri UK gathered at their Head Office in the centre of Aylesbury to discuss carefully selected funding applications for organisations carrying out vital and life-changing work in the Aylesbury Vale area.
This year the funding was awarded to:
- AV & MK Sexual Abuse and Support Service – £2,500 awarded for sexual violence awareness training for student counsellors
- Holy Cow Community Events – £1,500 awarded towards accessible facilities to ensure their Festival of Lights event is ‘Fair4All’
- Space St Mary’s Church – £1,550 contribution towards costs associated with their drop-in group, aimed at people experiencing a range of emotional and mental stress such as relationship breakdowns, loneliness, bereavement and unemployment
- Buckinghamshire Mind – £1,500 towards event costs for their ‘Mind Body Community’ group aimed a people aged 18-25 recovering from mental health difficulties
- Carers Bucks – £1,500 awarded towards the rent for their ‘Ownzone’ space, used for workshops, activities and 1:1 meeting for young carers
Esri UK have been supporting local charities and community groups through Heart of Bucks since 2010 and have awarded nearly £70,000 in grants during this time.