What are Cookies?
Cookies are a small text file (up to 4KB) created by a website that is stored in the user’s computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences.
Although cookies cannot carry viruses, and cannot install malware on the host computer, tracking cookies and especially third-party tracking cookies can be used as ways to compile long-term records of individuals’ browsing histories.
Why do we use them?
- Improve the user experience
- Speed up the transfer of information to you
- Improve the security of this website
- Allow you to receive information from our linked social networking platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter
Any cookies that we decide to use, either now or in the future will not:
- Harvest any personally identifiable information (without your permission)
- Harvest any sensitive information (without your permission)
- Forward any of your data to third parties
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are comfortable with this arrangement.
Learn how to disable Cookies in Mozilla FireFox here
Learn how to disable Cookies in Windows Internet Explorer here
Learn how to disable Cookies in Chrome here