Local community energy enterprise, Gawcott Community Solar CIC, have launched a grant fund to support energised sports clubs and initiatives which promote health and wellbeing of the local community.
The fund has been dedicated to sports this year, and aims to support local clubs and projects in a range of areas. Initiatives may also have an energy focus, and can include ideas such as:
- Ways to reduce energy costs and carbon emissions for local sports facilities
- New equipment or kit
- Upgrades or repairs to facilities
- Access to coaching or mentoring
- Trips or activities that help local sports clubs and organisations to grow
- New spaces and venues for sports
- Innovative ways to promote health and wellbeing in the community through sports
Fund size: £15,000
Both small grants (of around £500) and a few large grants (of up to £5000) are to be awarded.
Who can apply?
Grants are available for projects and initiatives in Gawcott, Buckingham and any parish that falls within 5km of the Gawcott Fields Community Solar Project (see map).
Clubs and organisations must also be formally constituted and operating on a not-for-profit basis. Funding is not available to statutory bodies.
How to apply
This fund is currently closed.