This is a grant fund established by Gawcott Fields Community Solar Project CIC.
In the first year, the grant fund will have a sports focus. We are looking to fund projects or initiatives which improve access to, encourage participation in and/or improve the quality of sports in the local community with a view to promoting the health and wellbeing of the local community, which may also have an energy focus.
The sort of projects the sports fund is looking to support include:
– Reducing energy costs and carbon emissions for local sports facilities
– New equipment or kit for local sports clubs
– Upgrades or repairs to existing sports facilities
– Access to coaching or mentoring
– Trips or activities that help local sports clubs and organisations to grow
– New spaces and venues for sports
– Innovative ways to promote health and wellbeing in the community through sports
Which communities can apply?
As the fund was established by Gawcott Fields Community Solar Project CIC, grants are available to projects and initiatives in Gawcott, Buckingham and any parish that falls within 5km of the Gawcott Fields Community Solar Project (see map).
Click to enlarge
Who can apply?
The fund is aimed at clubs or organisations that are based within or operate within the local community. Applications must come from organisations which are formally constituted & operating on a not-for-profit basis. Funding is not available to statutory bodies.
Fund size: £15,000
Both small grants (of around £500) and a few large grants (up to £5,000) are to be awarded.
To apply, complete an expression of interest form as soon as possible. A member of our grants team will then review the information you provide and send you a link to a full application form if your project is suitable for this fund. The deadline for full applications is midday 27th June 2018.